Mission Statement and Termly Overviews
Welcome to the Spring Term the ARC
The ARC class Team consists of
Suzanne (Class Teacher), Jo (Senior LSA), Bev (Cover Supervisor), Mandy (LSA), Sue (LSA), Nic (LSA), Ayla (LSA Apprentice), Karen (GA), Andrea (GA) and Liza (GA)
Our Class Governor is Irene Ratcliffe
Heatherwood School’s Mission Statement
Seeking to develop a better tomorrow for all learners, with profound and complex needs, through a holistic blend of quality first teaching experiences; celebrating pupils’ strengths along a highly personalised learning journey.
The ARC will endeavour to achieve this by:
- Building a positive and constructive learning environment, through individualised planning where all pupils and staff can fulfil their potential; celebrating each small success along the way.
- Acting with honesty and integrity, we aim to be a considerate and strong team; respecting diversity, growth and change.
- Supporting and promoting independence to enhance life skills in happy, safe and secure surroundings.
- Ensuring the profound and complex needs of all our pupils are met holistically through vibrant and meaningful experiences.
- All pupils and staffs voice are heard and respected.
What we are learning in the Summer Term:
Our Topic this term is: Water
We have chosen our focus to be under the sea and will be making our classroom environment immersive and our learning areas will incorporate shells, water, sand and bubbles to name but a few.