Mission Statement and Termly Overviews
Welcome to 6th form
The 6th Form Class Team consists of
Maria (LSA), Karen (LSA), Andrea (GA), Julie (GA) and Aamna (GA)
Heatherwood School’s Mission Statement
Seeking to develop a better tomorrow for all learners, with profound and complex needs, through a holistic blend of quality first teaching experiences; celebrating pupils’ strengths along a highly personalised learning journey.
In 6th form we will endeavour to achieve this by:
* Promoting independence wherever possible in preparation for independent living.
* Preparing pupils for leaving Heatherwood through offering quality transition.
* Continually striving to help develop, nurture and enhance the life experiences of the pupils in our care within school and within the local community.
* Foster positive relationships with pupils and parents.
* Support, develop and consolidate pupils' independent living skills through appropriate real life experiences and quality work experience.
* Consistently aim to use real life situations which enable and empower them leading to independent living skills.
What we are learning in the autumn term:
- All about me
- Planning & preparing food for an event
- Participating in a Mini Enterprise Project
- Developing community participation skills
In English, Maths and ICT we will be looking at;
- This is me & personal statements
- Touch technology, including Ipads
We will continue to: access the local community on our weekly trips; this will include visiting the church and shopping.
During the Autumn Term 6th Form will be exploring our topic: All About Me This will enable each pupil to express what is important to them, what makes them unique and also what makes their peers unique.
6th Form will be finding out about each other through a range of activities including creating one page profiles, accessing the community and recreating experiences through role play that we are familiar with such as the doctors, the dentist and the hairdressers.
For our enterprise topic we will think about what we might make and sell at Christmas time. As well as this we will continue to bake delicious treats to sell in the staff room.
We will continue to build upon our life skills and independent living skills. Similarly, we will continue to go on regular visits into the local community to develop our social and community participation skills.