The Key Mission Statement and Overview
Welcome to the 6th form
The 6th form class Team consists of
Sam (Class Teacher), Pat (LSA),
Our Class Governor is Gary Bullock
Heatherwood School’s Mission Statement
Seeking to develop a better tomorrow for all learners, with profound and complex needs, through a holistic blend of quality first teaching experiences; celebrating pupils’ strengths along a highly personalised learning journey.
In 6th form we will endeavour to achieve this by:
* Promoting independence wherever possible in preparation for independent living.
* Preparing pupils for leaving Heatherwood through offering quality transition.
* Continually striving to help develop, nurture and enhance the life experiences of the pupils in our care within school and within the local community.
* Foster positive relationships with pupils and parents.
* Support, develop and consolidate pupil’s independent living skills through appropriate real life experiences and quality work experience.
* Consistently aiming to use real life situations for 6th form pupils to enable and empower them to acquire independent living skills.
What we will be doing in the Summer term.
This term in The Key, we are learning about keeping healthy, through a healthy and balanced diet and through participating in exercise. We will be undertaking two enterprise projects to raise funds for activities within school. We will also be practicing our real-life and independent living skills by using public transport to go shopping on a weekly basis. We will also be planning for a special end of the year trip, looking at how much this will cost, timings and maps of how to get there.
We will continue to do work Experience weekly at the Hilltop Centre in Edlington. In the afternoons we are practicing team work and career skills whilst undertaking a Lego based project.
We will also continue to attend College weekly, developing out physical, team-work and other skills in readiness for work.
We will also be visiting other schools and places of work, linked to our careers and work related learning activities.