The Key Mission Statement and Overview
Welcome to the Key
The Key class Team consists of
Sam Lee (Class Teacher), Pat Burbanks (Cover Supervisor), Sol Barker (Learning Support Assistant)
Heatherwood School’s Mission Statement
Seeking to develop a better tomorrow for all learners, with profound and complex needs, through a holistic blend of quality first teaching experiences; celebrating pupils’ strengths along a highly personalised learning journey.
In The Key we will endeavour to achieve this by:
* Promoting independence wherever possible in preparation for independent living.
* Preparing pupils for leaving Heatherwood through offering quality transition.
* Continually striving to help develop, nurture and enhance the life experiences of the pupils in our care within school and within the local community.
* Foster positive relationships with pupils and parents.
* Support, develop and consolidate pupil’s independent living skills through appropriate real life experiences and quality work experience.
* Consistently aiming to use real life situations for 6th form pupils to enable and empower them to acquire independent living skills.
What we will be doing in the Autumn term.